Thursday, June 4, 2009

thursday art - pear

© copyright Grace Albaugh 2009

still life from photo

"Let's start from the very beginning. A very good place to start"

As much as I love art and have always been "artsy" I had never taken any formal art lessons.

My good friend Lena is a fabulous artist and had an opening in her art class 3 years ago.

I filled that empty seat and the still life you see was my first graphite drawing.

The photo was color, and because I was a true novice, I had no idea that trying to draw in black and white from a color print was a bit of a jump for a first lesson. Ignorance is bliss!
also, Lena never once said that it would be hard or a stretch and neither did any of the other students. It just goes to show that if we act as though something is perfectly doable it can be.

This was the start of my love for drawing.

I'm a slow worker but love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts